Welcome To Apple Tree Farm
Apple Tree Farm Services CIC is a not-for-profit organisation set in the North Devon countryside, just outside the village of High Bickington.
The farm was established in 2018 and incorporated in 2020 as a CIC which better reflects the values and principles of the organisation.
The team at the farm strive to care for the animals and land in the same manner as they do for the humans that access the farm; with patience, respect, and nurturing.
At Apple Tree Farm, individuals are encouraged to find their strengths whilst respecting their vulnerabilities. Nature and the animals help to encourage all individuals to overcome their vulnerabilities and achieve positive outcomes.
It is the farm’s goal to provide a safe, supportive, and therapeutic environment where individuals can flourish and blossom in the company of the animals. Structured, bespoke, nature-based activities are delivered to improve individuals’ lives, and session times and length vary to meet the needs of the individual. The aim is to provide individuals with opportunities to succeed, achieve and be the best that they can be whilst being involved in farming practices and caring for the countryside.
“Apple Tree Farm Services CIC is committed to treating all people equally and with respect irrespective of their age, disability, gender, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief”.
The Community We Serve
Children and young people are at the heart of the work done at the farm and listening to their needs drives the team’s desire to carry on.
The farm supports families, schools and organisations from Barnstaple, Bideford, Torrington and the surrounding areas and the team are always keen to engage with the local community and work together where possible.
- Offering placements to vulnerable local people at the care farm
- Providing emergency placements to vulnerable children at risk of exclusion
- Supporting local businesses by buying supplies locally
- Opening the farm to the public on regular occasions (see events page for details)
- Welcoming school visits to the farm and youth groups to participate in activities on the farm
- Accommodating visitors who are from outside our area supporting the local tourism industry.
- Signposting families in need to services that can help
- Attending local fayres and events with the animals